Finally got the insulation in, with much help from Chris. That stuff sucks. I got two different types because there were only 3 sheets left of the white polystyrene stuff, so I got some blue as well. It is a pain to cut, especially since none of the bays were 16″ wide (the blue “scoreboard” insulation is pre-scored at 16″ and 24″). It’s also what I saw most of the other folks using, so I went with it. I did read yesterday that fiberglass insulation is a haven for mice, so I might want to avoid that in my walls. I dont need mice. Spray foam is wicked expensive, and would be a pain, really.
After we got the insulation cut and stuffed in, we sealed the cracks with sprayfoam insulation. I didnt buy enough though, so I’ll finish that today:
Then, with the rest of the afternoon we got the sucker bolted down. Note to self: check the diameter of the holes in the trailer before buying your bit. I bought a bit that was 1/8″ too big, so Chris and I had to mark out two holes, slide the whole foundation, drill em, make sure the bolt fit, then mark the rest, then move, then drill, then bolt, repeat. This was one of those pieces of working on the house where you dont get a lot done, visibly, but it’s out of the way, thank god.